Have you ever made playdough for your kids? My mum used to make it for us all the time. Here’s her recipe:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- a few drops of food colouring
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until dough thickens.
- Remove from pan and kneed on bench until pliable.
- Allow to cool and store in a well sealed plastic bag.
There are plenty of playdough recipes out there.
Well, baby E loved playing with this playdough. She loved the feel of it in her hands, and loved poking and prodding at it. I think she’s a bit small for cookie cutters, but I’ll get some out next time and try them. She also decided she liked the taste. Oh dear!
Do your kids like playdough? What recipe do you use?