These brownies are good. Real good. They’re soft and fudgey. Rich without being overwhelming. I could eat 10 squares if I wanted to. And they’re easy. You just need a healthy sourdough starter and off you go.
- 220 g butter, melted
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown rice sourdough starter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups dextrose powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 190ºC and grease brownie tin.
- Melt butter in saucepan over stove, then add cocoa and whisk to combine.
- Whisk eggs in bowl, then add butter-cocoa mixture to bowl.
- Add sourdough starter, vanilla, coffee, dextrose, flour and salt, beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter into brownie tin and bake for about 30 minutes. Do not over bake! (I almost did, be careful!)
- Cool in pan, then cut into squares.
These taste really good warm, and almost as good cool. They’ll keep them in the fridge for a few days (but they usually won’t last that long!)