These muffins are good. The sourdough in the mixture gives them a nice fluffiness, and the raspberries give a tangy sweetness. You do need to be prepared to make them, though, as you need to soak the sourdough with the rest of the flour and some yoghurt overnight.
- 1 cup brown rice sourdough starter
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon of liquid stevia
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Stir together 1 cup sourdough starter, 1 cup yoghurt, flours and oats. The mixture should be very thick. Cover and leave overnight.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease muffin tin with butter.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in small bowl (except raspberries, baking soda and powder).
- Pour on top of soured mixture and stir until well combined.
- Gently stir in frozen raspberries.
- Add baking soda and powder to mixture and quickly stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into muffin tin and bake for about 20 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.