Sourdough is great! It’s a way of fermenting grains to make them more digestible. It also makes great tasting bread. Read this and this for more info. I’ve made sourdough with wholemeal wheat flour a few years ago, which was great. I had it going for about 6 months before my mum chucked it in the bin when I was away. She thought it stunk a bit.
Lately I’ve been trying to cut down on the amount of gluten I eat, cause it makes me feel a bit gross. Bloated etc etc. So I decided to try making my own brown rice sourdough starter. Here’s where I got the recipe.
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- tablespoon water kefir (optional)
- Whisk flour and water in small jug until well combined.
- Pour into glass jar and cover with hanky and secure with rubber band.
- Leave in a warm place and feed again (the same amounts) about 12 hours later.
- (I feed my starter morning and night with the same quantities of flour and water.)
- If after a few days the starter isn’t bubbling much, add a tablespoon of water kefir and stir in with the flour and water when you feed it.
- By 5-7 days it should be ready to make pancakes, bread, cupcakes etc…
Stay tuned for some exciting gluten-free sourdough recipes!