Want a biscuit that is grain free, has the option of being nut free, and is low is sugar? These biscuits are really good, and they’re made with a surprising ingredient… Chickpeas!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry with tea towel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 165 grams natural peanut butter (use sunflower butter to make nut free)
- 80 grams rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- large pinch of salt
- 100 grams dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in food processor and process until very smooth, scraping the sides of processor down occasionally.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
- Roll into balls with wet hands. Place on oven tray and bake for about 10 minutes.
I found the recipe here, and just adapted it very slightly by substituting rice malt syrup for the honey, making these biscuits low in fructose.