This is my favourite quiche recipe. I got it from the book the Australian Women’s Weekly Complete Cook. I adapted it a bit to suit me better. Here’s what I do:
- 30 grams buckwheat flour
- 20 grams coconut flour (you can use whatever flour you like)
- 300 ml milk
- 75 ml cream
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams bacon, chopped coarsely and fried
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 125 grams grated cheddar cheese
- 2 medium zucchini, grated coarsely
- a big bunch of parsley and chives (or a mixture of whatever herbs you’ve got)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Chop up bacon and fry for a few minutes, until cooked.
- Pour bacon (and it’s grease) into 20cm round quiche dish. Use the bacon to oil the dish.
- Whisk flour and milk in medium bowl until smooth, then whisk in eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into dish. Mix with bacon in dish until combined.
- Bake quiche, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until filling is set.
- Eat and enjoy!