I’ve always loved muesli. It’s one of my favourite breakfasts. But ever since I quit sugar, I’ve had to give up on the ones I used to love. Yes, muesli (though it’s supposed to be quite healthy) is full of sugar! All that dried fruit is chock-a-block full of sugar. So I’ve made my own version of muesli with no sugar. Here it is:
- 4 cups coconut flakes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat grains
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 120°C and line large baking dish with baking paper.
- Combine ingredients and spread evenly across tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden. Give the dish a good shake and flip halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Store in large glass jar.
- Eat with homemade yoghurt (my favourite way) or any other way you like!
Have you made your own muesli/granola before? What’s in yours? Is it sugar free?